Thursday, July 5, 2012

Life without The Pte. is running quite smoothly so far. Not to say that I don't miss him and wish he were here - I do, and I do! It's just that I know I won't see him much for the next two months and so I'm living life day to day. I don't think about the numerous days that I won't be seeing him. I just wake up in the morning, complete my daily tasks, and await his evening phone calls. Oddly enough it's almost easier than when he was away for weekends because the day he was expected home was always so slow! And that day would torturously (sp?) happen every. single. week. Now, that day may not happen until August 29th whichissofarawayIcannotpossiblythinkaboutitrightnowwithoutgoingcrazy! Sigh.

In other news, I have been offered a job overseeing a children's craft table at a local farmer's market. It's a 4 hours/once a week gig that seems to be right up my alley. Guess it's about time that I put my Early Childhood Education degree to some use! I did a trial run on Wednesday - face painting/seashell painting. Pretty enjoyable stuff. Luckily I have my Mama around to save my sanity watch the little one while I'm busy with the shop/potentially working at the market. But how do you not love a face like this:

... even if she is a little rascal!

- The Mrs.

No comments:

Post a Comment